It appears that this case has ended and Baby Veronica has already been transferred back to her Adoptive parents. SCOTUSBlog has full coverage of the final hearings in the matter that occurred in South Carolina. The Carolina Court “refused to delay the case any further, denying a postponement request by the father — Dusten Brown of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, supported by the Cherokee tribe.” I’ve previously argued against the ruling that came down in this case here and here.
Update 8/5/2013: Supreme Court Haiku wrote a haiku for this case, I’ve copied it below.
Surrendered parental rights
Can’t stop adoption
- Baby Veronica heading to South Carolina, court denies father’s rehearing (kfor.com)
- Civil suit planned over ‘Baby Veronica’ (kjrh.com)
- Baby Veronica to be returned to adoptive parents (kfor.com)
- Baby Veronica to be Adopted by White Couple (colorlines.com)
- Baby Veronica’s biological father fighting to keep daughter (kfor.com)
- Rehearing denied in ‘Baby Veronica’ case (kjrh.com)
- New round in custody battle over ‘Baby Veronica’ (cbsnews.com)
- Father of ‘Baby Veronica’ responds (kjrh.com)
- Splitting the Baby: Veronica (lightofdaystories.wordpress.com)